You Rock Kel!

>> Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It was Friday and we were wandering around the streets of Chicago taking in some of the sites. We had had a few drinks before leaving the hotel. We had a few more drinks at a bar we found along the way as we got out of the cold Chicago wind for a bit. That second set of drinks was served by James Spader himself. I guess economic hard times hit everyone if he is now serving drinks in downtown Chicago. I was going to ask him how he ended up there slinging booze, but figured he would give me some BS line about just working there while doing auditions or something anyway. Cheers to you though Mr. Spader.. you make a fine Black and Tan!



After a few drinks there, we headed back out into the blustery evening. It was getting to be around dinner time and we had a decision to make as to where we would dine. No one had any preferences, so I suggested we go to ESPN zone as the Arizona Wildcats were playing in the NCAA tourney at 6pm. We ambled over that direction like a wierd cross between winos and tourists. There might have been the occasional inebriation induced misstep, but we still had to stop so pictures could be taken...

We made it to the ESPN Zone and I got to watch the game while we ate. In all honesty, I wish I hadn't been able to see it. Arizona got DEMOLISHED. It ended up being a 39 point loss. The good news was they had beer to drown my misery. Not only did they have beer, but they served it in a 25oz mug. My kinda place.



Now I have been trying to find a mug like this for home. I like to make Black and Tans at home, but that is much easier when you have a glass that can hold two bottles of beer at once. So as I am sitting there admiring this mug, I jokingly tell Kel that she should have brough a bigger purse so I could drop one of the mugs in there to take home. We all laugh about it because she brought just this small purse with her.. so the mug was close to twice the size of the purse.

We finish our meal and after 3 or 5 of those large beers, I needed to hit the head before we went wandering again. So I head that direction and told them I would meet them outside. As I join up with them outside, there is Kel with her tiny purse and a giant beer mug sitting on top of it. She has her hand through the straps for this purse and through the beer mug as if it was a natural accessory. It was really quite comical...but she acted like it was supposed to be there.

So now I have an awesome mug at home for my beer and I raise my glass in salute to you Kel, appropriator of beer mugs, every time I pour one. You rock!

0 comments:

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP