Biggie Lives!

>> Tuesday, March 31, 2009

As we were headed from Giordano's to the Briar Street Theater to catch the show this weekend, we hopped in a cab for the journey. Much to my surprise, it was being driven by Biggie Smalls himself. Yes I know.. he's dead. His ghost however is driving a cab in Chicago.



Granted.. he didn't have a crown on as in this picture, but I *know* it was him. It was tought to stop myself from seeing if he would do a few bars from 'Hypnotize' for us as he was driving.

While he wasn't doing any of his hits.. he was doing many other things like:

-Talking to a woman in the passenger seat who I think he might have been 'training'
-Talking to us about losing large sums of money on Keno in vegas
-Talking to his wife on his cell phone
-Listening to some R&B on his ipod with one headphone earbud in
-Singing along with said R&B whenever the mood struck.. even mid conversation
-Ignoring any and all traffic signs, right of way, speed limits and some laws of physics

This kept him pretty busy, therefore I was not surprised when he had to dodge in and out of traffic like a nascar drive to avoid putting someone into a wall. Those pesky cars can sneak up on you when you are tied up with all that other stuff. The three point turn using the sidewalk and the middle of an intersection was a nice touch towards the end of the drive. That was necessary as we couldn't wait 15 seconds for the truck that was backing up down the one way street to move. Clearly that would be slower. So we drove several blocks around a different way. We did this at speeds just short of Warp 9 in order to make sure it was actually faster than waiting for the truck.

Towards the end I just chose to pretend I was on space mountain. I just closed my eyes, held on to the door handle, and hoped that we weren't going to die in a fiery wreck. It was raining so at least we wouldn't have burned for long. I realize that as a ghost Biggie had nothing to lose, but those of us not yet in the afterlife were quite glad to be out of his cab. He did get us to our destination in one piece and on time though so I guess I really shouldn't complain too much.

As we exited the cab I whispered under my breath..

Biggie, Biggie, Biggie.. can't you see?
Sometimes your words just hypnotize me...

As he drove off and his ghost cab faded into the rainy mist .. I swear I saw him look back at me. He pounded his fist to his chest twice and then gave me the peace sign. The Notorious B.I.G. Gone, but not forgotten.

1 comments:

K March 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

LOL, that story was better when you were telling it in person with your hands mimicing the ipod and the cell phone and the steering wheel.

Awesome!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP