Happy Easter or something.

>> Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So I'm a few days late. Sue me.

The boys and I had a great, if non-traditional, easter. While I did have a ham ready to cook, I didn't feel like cooking it and my brother doesn't really like ham. He also doesn't like bacon and neither does my SIL. Which I am pretty sure makes them communists, but I am still checking on that.

So instead of ham and scalloped potatoes and finding eggs around the yard, we skipped all that noise and went and had Mongolian grill for lunch. It was fabulous. Even my picky eater enjoyed it. You get to pick your meats and seafoods, noodles, veggies and the type of sauce you want. Then you take all your ingredients up to the big grill and the entertaining guys there grill it all up for you while you watch. We all ate with chopsticks too, which was also very amusing. I think we all go the hang of it towards the end though.

The boys had brought their baskets over from my Ex's house where they celebrated easter last year. They made many, no-so-subtle reminders to the 'easter bunny' that they wanted stuff put in said baskets. So I got them lots of candy, including the sweet tart jellybeans they were requesting. The funny part is.. Gabe had his first orthodontial stuff put on yesterday and was reminded that you can't have any 'sticky' food. Like Jellybeans for example as the orthodontist mentioned. The look of dissapointment on his face when he heard that news was quite entertaining. So now they get to look at the jellybeans every day.. but not actually eat them. My older son decided he is going to try to sell them at school instead. Always thinking that one.

My brother hadn't seen the movie Dogma yet, so I took that over to watch with him yesterday. I love that movie. So many great lines in there and a ton of amazing actors. Yes, many great actors and actresses.. and also Ben Affleck. One thing he is not is even a good actor, much less great or amazing. He is like the male counter part to Kirsten Dunst. He is just not good at acting. Its a good thing he is friends with Mat Damon so that he still gets parts in movies otherwise he would be showing up on the next Celebrity Rehab reality show.

Well anyway.. happy belated Easter everyone!

3 comments:

K April 14, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Ben Affleck may not be a good actor but he is atleast pleasant to look at Snaggletooth is just homely. I'm looking forward to checking out that Mongolian place this week.

You forgot to mention the strobe lights flashing while Jesus litteraly ROSE from the dead. No Easter is complete without strobe lights and creepy zombie like gauze covered guys. AWESOME!

Lisa April 14, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Ben Affleck is beyond awful....you know my hate...my seething hate.

Anyways, glad you guys had a Happy Jesus B-Day :P

Jenae C. April 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

I do too like bacon! Remember we had that conversation that Jeremy will only make turkey bacon if I want bacon and eggs for breakfast????....Anyways, I really enjoyed spending Easter with you guys!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP