Guest post!

>> Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hi there! Let me introduce myself. I am the night auditor for the hotel and convention center where the author of this blog works. He gracefully switched on-call weeks with a peer when asked so that he is covering her week right now. Why am I writing this morning instead of him? Well he is a little tired and cranky so I thought I would help him out with a guest post.

See I had a problem with the hotel system this morning when running my night audit. I tried and couldn't fix it. So, following our procedures, I contacted security who then called the on-call number to let the engineer know that we were having problems. I needed him to come in and fix the as/400 so that I could finish the backup and the rest of the night audit procedures in order to roll the day so we could start up again.

Here's the thing though. Even though I called him... and even though he called back within 60 seconds of getting the call from CSC, I was jonsing and couldn't possibly hold out for even 2 more minutes. I HAD to go take a cigarette break. Sure I knew I was waking someone out of a dead sleep to help me and that I should really be a the phone for the call, but I didn't think he would mind too much. I'm sure it was perfectly ok with him having to be on hold for over 10 minutes while I finished my cig and wandered back in.

In fact.. I see him coming now. See.. everything is all good. He's smiling. Well maybe evil grin is a better description, but I don't know him that well. He seems happy to see me at any rate. There is a horrible scraping noise though and its getting louder as he get closer. Ahh.. I see the source of the sound now. For some reason he is dragging a metal shovel behind him along the stone tiles of the lobby floor. That's kind of odd. Wonder if I didn't wake him up after all. Maybe he was out gardening at 4am this morning. Im sure that's probably it.

Ahh.. the noise stopped. He picked the thing up finally. Now he is coming towards me with it held like a broadsword. Should I be concerned? Nah.. he is still smiling. Maybe he is going to beat the AS/400 into submission with it.

"Hey.. how's it goinnnOWWWW... GAhhhhhhh... dear lord why did you hit me in the face with that shovAHHHHHHHHHsttoppPLeAse!!"

"HHHHEllllpp.. meeeeee.. please...make the bad man stop"




Hey all.. Blade here. Ms. DumbassNightAuditBitch is .. well .. indisposed and unable to finish her post. She really wanted to finish, but she is kind of just lying there twitching a bit and drooling at the moment. I am dissapointed in the lack of commitment she made to this guest post. I suppose that's the downside of working with outside parties. The upside is that I am feeling awake now after swinging the shovel around for a bit which is exactly what I needed!

0 comments:

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP