A New Year?

>> Thursday, January 1, 2009

Today is the start of a brand new year. I, like most people, have goals and ambitions and things I hope happen in the year to come. Some things I have control of and I have to use my own wilpower to make happen. Others I only have partial say in.. or have no control over at all. Still.. its always nice to be at Jan. 1 with a whole year ahead of you to work with.

As 2008 came to a close, I looked back on the year. There were bad times I am glad to be putting behind me, but there were way more good times than bad. I am blessed to have a wonderful family, great friends and a good job. With all the turmoil this country has been in for the past year, I am extremely grateful to have a job and a roof over my head and the ability to take care of my family. I really had to stop and realize, that despite my own pity parties I throw for myself over tough situations, there are so many that lost their jobs and homes. People that went from living comfortably to suddenly struggling to just put food on the table.

As we go forward into the new year, I am optomistic. Hopeful.

Enough waxing poetic. I know I normally ramble much longer, but I am sick. Yeah, I decided to go ahead and start 2009 with a nice full blown head cold. Sinus pain, headache, sore throat, stuffiness .. all the fun stuff! Our new years was fun but very low key as my sister is sick as well. We just hung out and watched movies and had a nice dinner together. Then C and I loaded up on cold drugs. I spent the rest of the evening dozing here and there. I was up after midnight to stumble into bed.. so that counts right?

I am just hoping for some relief before my flight tomorrow. 4 hours on a plane with a head cold does not sound like a good time to me. Yes, vacation is almost at an end. I had a wonderful time visiting with my family. I was lucky enough to get to spend almost 2 weeks here for the holidays. You know how it goes though.. towards the end you are ready to be at home in your own bed.. and that for me is just magnified right now by being sick. Let me curl up in my bed .. or shoot me and get it over with. I hate being sick.

It was 77 degrees here yesterday. I will be leaving those warmer temps and will be landing to a balmy high of 18 in Milwaukee tomorrow. Fun stuff. At least its supposed to be clear skies so I shouldn't be delayed. Really looking forward to seeing my boys. This was the first xmas I have spent without them. It was made easier by the fact that I was here with family and watching a 2 year old nephew at xmas time is a lot of fun. Still, just not the same without my boys.

Well I am going to curl up on the couch in a cold medicine coma again for the afternoon. I hope everyones New Years celebrations went well and that everyone is ready to start again.. fresh and new.

/cheers

1 comments:

hangel January 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Sorry we had to send you home sick! Hope your flight wasn't too miserable. It was awesome to have you here...but I am sure you are glad to be home. See you soon!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP