-23 and bathroom icicles

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

On my way to work this morning the little temperature readout on my console said the outside air temp was -23. That is by far the lowest I have ever seen. Fortunately I was in my warm car with a big thermos of coffee. I knew however that I would have to leave the car to walk into work and that the -23 didn't include wind chills. It would be a brisk walk this morning.

I made is safely indoors, although breathing the air when I first got out of the car felt much like I imagine getting kicked in the chest by a mule probably feels like. There is really just no prepping yourself for that.

After all the coffee I drank on the way in, nature called. I answered and headed for the restroom. I walked inside and.. wtf.. are they pulling air directly from outside into the bathroom? I kid you not, it couldn't have been over 50 in there. I started wondering if I was going to find icicles anywhere.. or if people were having to chip through the ice to take a leak.

All I know is that the women's restroom is on the other side of the wall.. and most likely shares the same ventilation system. I was quite glad at that moment that I was a guy and can pee fast and do it standing up. I can't imagine dropping trou and putting my butt on that freezing cold seat!

Ahh the joys of winter. Thank goodness I am flying to Florida for a long weekend with the family at Disney tomorrow. Its supposed to be mid 60s and sunny. Only about 80 degrees warmer than here!

0 comments:

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP