Greatest Job Ever?

>> Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If someone offered you 100K to spend 6 months as a caretaker of an island in Australia's Great Barrier Reef would you take it? Mind you there ARE job duties. Picking up the mail every now and then, cleaning your pool attached to your provided beach house and providing photos and blogs about the island and surrounding waters. Hours are flexible, and you are encouraged to snorkel, enjoy the scenery and wildlife and in general it sounds like it won't be all that taxing.

Well I suppose it depends on your definition of taxing. I suppose there are a number of things you have to do. If we go by my 11 year old's standards, it could quite possibly be considered slave labor. But he is delusional so his opinion doesn't count.

Its a pretty brilliant marketing ploy. They offer 6 month contracts for this position. They provide 100K salary, a place to live and transportation to and from the island and your home city as needed. In exchange, you keep up around the property and provide them with advertising material. They give you camera and computer equipment and you photograph and blog about your stay on the island. They get tons of free advertising as people talk about it and blog about it (much like I am now) :P

If you are interested, deadlines for applications is in Feb, so get cracking on your 60 second "Why I should get this job" video! It was negative 4 on my way in to work this morning with black ice on the freeway. I will tell you 6 months on a tropical island in the Great Barrier Reef sounds pretty tempting right about now. Relaxing even. And quiet. Peaceful. Probably wouldn't even need to take my shovel with me! Just a small one for making sand castles on the beach. ;)

1 comments:

K January 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

I don't know whether to say, "You have to take the kids" or "You can't have the kids." Oh the dilema.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP