Snap, Crackle, and Pop?

>> Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My son fell off a very large teeter totter a few weeks back while camping.  Fell about 5 feet right on his side/back.  He got the wind knocked out of him and was feeling numb in his extremeties etc. so he was taken to the hospital via ambulance on a back board to make sure.  All his xrays came back ok.. nothing broken.   Since then he has had some periodic back pain and then he had another fall off his bike which aggravated it all again.


So, it was off to the chiropractor for the first time ever.  I have never been and I know G hadn't been either.   I got to watch the doctor listen to what was bothering him and then be able to confirm the pain spots by finding some stuff that was slightly out of alignment.  Gabe will be going in on Friday for his 3rd adjustment and being young and flexible his body responded very well.  He is already feeling much better from the treatment.

Yesterday I went in as well.   I have long had some lower back pain.  I injured it playing basketball quite a few years ago and to this day it bothers me at time.. especially if I have to sit on the floor or a hard chair for any length of time.  So I decided to get checked out as well and see if there is anything they could do to help me. 

So I went in for the first time last night and they took some initial xrays to make sure there was nothing out of the ordinary due to my old injury.  Everything looked pretty good according to the chiropractor, but I was out of allignment in several spots, the worst of which was right where my lower back pain occurs.   So we started to work on that last night.  What went to quick and easy on a 10 year old was not the same on me.  My lower back was very uncooperative and after what felt like a wrestler jumping from the top ropes onto my lower back.. still no crack or pop.  He said that is one of the tougher spots and it may take a few times to get movement out of it.

The spot mid back and upper back and my neck all made some crazy snapping and popping noises.  I was told we made some good progress in getting them back towards where they should be alignment wise.   It felt good.. and it didn't.   My torso felt much like I had been tackled, hard, without pads on.    This morning I am a little sore from it, but overall it was a positive experience.   I go back again on Friday to see if he jumps off the second story onto my back if he can get that stubborn lower section to move.  Fun stuff!

L insists that it will all be worth it in the end and that it will feel much better when things are adjusted.  I have to admit, it did feel pretty good after.   She is so smart.. and persistent.

3 comments:

Jennifer September 3, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Please please promise me that you will be judiious with your use of Chiropractic. I know a lot of people believe in it's benifits, but having worked for one, I have seen a lot more damage done than good. And they keep having you come back. If Brian had gone like they wanted him too five years ago, he would be in a wheelchair due to the damage in his back. Please as for the x rays and have another doctor look at them to make sure there isn't anything else that the dr might have missed.

The Dalaimama September 3, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Years ago I kept getting a strange numb feeling in one leg. After seeing my regular doctor and her not finding any problems after xrays, blood work, etc, she refered me to a chiropractor. It was amazing. The first few visits I hurt more after going than I did before, but after the 5th or so visit I felt like a million bucks. I agree though, get checked by your GP to make sure there are no other problems, but a chiropractor can do wonders for you if it truly is a misalignment.

hangel September 3, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

I am glad it may help..just be wary...Seems to me if you go in once, you are theirs for life. Stay FREE!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP