Time flies.. when you are having fun?

>> Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I just realized its been a week since I posted. Kind of odd for me unless I am on vacation, which I was definitely not this time. I have just been out of it, tired a lot of the time, on pain meds which made me quite tired.

Yesterday I had my first root canal. Ideally that will be my first, and last root canal. It was not as bad as I was expecting however. The worst part was them sticking that long needle into my gums and working it around. After that, they let the stuff go to work and pretty soon I wasn't feeling anything on that side of my mouth.

The whole experience was a little strange though. Now I know each doctor has their own way of putting patients at ease and trying to seem relaxed and easy going, but this was just a bit odd. My endodontist was around his mid 40s, and a very nice guy, but his whole demeanor was just a somewhat odd experience. He came in talking about how his female assistant was in a bad mood and that he hoped she would not do anything on purpose to hurt me.. haha. Oh yeah.. I'm laughing.

Next I get my anesthesia and he leaves the room. The assistant promptly starts small talk while we are waiting for it to kick in. We went from nice weather to the fact that she is in the middle of a divorce and that her husband is a jackass who doesn't even want custody of their kids, doesn't want to spend time with them. As a parent, I don't even get that, but realistically, I just met you 30 seconds ago, why are you choosing me to spill your life story to? Just odd.

So we wait a bit, and the endodontist comes back in. He said that half my tongue should be numb by now as well as the left half of my lips. They were not and he said we should take care of that. Taking care of that however required more fun happy time with the long needle he likes to jab into my gums and work around. YAY!

After another 10 minutes or so, everything is numb as it should be and we get going. The endodontist is discussing Dancing with the Stars and which chicks he thinks are super hot and why. Then Christina Aguilera comes on the radio they have playing in the office and he jumps off on how hot she is. He is really having this conversation with himself as I have all this stuff crammed in my jaw right now I cant even really grunt much less answer him.

Now he decides to make a snarky comment to his assistant. I don't remember exactly what he said, but she fired something just a mean right back at him. He looked taken aback.. and then said this: (and no I am not making this up)

"Damn woman.. why can you just let me think for once that my pimp hand is strong!"

Yeah.. that was pretty much about the last thing I was expecting to come flying out of the mouth of my 45 year old middle-eastern endodontist. As I said, it was an interesting visit. But my tooth is not in pain right now, although my jaw is sore and is likely to be that way for a couple of days.

1 comments:

hangel September 24, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

Oh no...your jaw is sore? Remember Jim saying his jaw was sore after mom started talking about the sucky bags? HA HA HA! Glad your tooth pain is better!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP