Temporary Insanity

>> Thursday, August 21, 2008

You know how you can get that feeling like there just aren't enough hours in the day? That is pretty much my everyday. Up at 430am to be at work by 6. Work 10 hours, hour drive home. 90 minutes at the gym. Shower. Dinner. Hang out with the boys for a while if they are with me that week. Maybe play some cards or WoW with Lisa and/or the boys. Talk on the phone with Lisa for an hour or so and suddenly its 11:30 at night again.

What I would like is just an extra 3 hours. Thats all. Its not much to ask for, but if I could bump sleeping up to 8 hours from 5, I think I would be a lot happier all around.

In my grand planning, I was trying to eliminate the rush that is gettig home from work and going right to the gym to get it out of the way. Some days with school and sports starting back up, I have stuff to do right after work and that means the gym doesn't happen those days. Not a good thing.

My brilliant solution to this plan? Maybe I'll work out in the morning instead. That way I get the blood moving in the morning, can take one shower a day instead of 2 to save on utilities, and then when I am done working for the day I can come home and relax. So I did the math. Normally get up between 430am and 5am. I can push it to 5 if I have to and be out the door in 15 min, so I used that as a starting point. 90 minutes for the gym means.. umm.. 330 in the morning? WTF. Is that even a real time?

Daunting yes, but I thought I would give it a go this morning. So I set one alarm for 330 and my normal one for 430. Its only an hour earlier right? That logic might work if you go to bed an hour earlier, but I am not willing to give up my evening time. So I went to bed around 1130 as usual. I am never happy when my alarm starts going off at 430, but at least I know I can snooze for 30 minutes and work my way into getting up. When the alarm went off at 330, I knew I had to get up then if I wanted gym time.

My body decided that it most definitely did NOT want gym time at 330 in the morning on about 4 hours of sleep. I'm pretty sure one of my legs actually said FUCK YOU as I tried to motivate it to the edge of the bed. Which was creepy let me tell you. But I decided if my leg was THAT against getting out of bed right then, who was I to argue? So the morning gym experiment failed miserably. Thats when I decided that even considering getting up at 330 in the morning was temporary insanity.

So I am back to lobbying for an extra 3 hours a day. Someone hook me up!

Here's a quick video I think of everytime I hear the word 'insanity'. Great song. Fabulous video. Just a link as embedding is not allowed on the song. Jamiroquai has got some great music if you are looking for something fun and interesting to listen to.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=YMMQqE9x6i4

3 comments:

The Dalaimama August 21, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

I'm willing to sign your petition as long as those 3 extra hours happen after my kids go to bed :D

Lisa August 21, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Sleep, while great, always seems like a waste of time to me.

hangel August 21, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

I think five hours of sleep is WAY to little for me. I am not nice. I probably average between 6.5 and 7 hours a night and I would LOVE to have more. I would love an extra three hours--as long as it is designated for sleep--and Caden adds those hours to his sleep, too!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP