A Fun Evening..

>> Wednesday, March 18, 2009

There was a movie that I remember watching growing up. I don't know the name of it, so if someone does, please let me know. The plot was basically about these kids that were stuck inside all the time as it constantly rains. Like torrential downpour rain. One day out of the year, for one hour, the rain stops. The sun comes out, everything blooms and turns green. The kids get to go outside for this hour and live life and be free in nature. In the movie, one of the kids that gets picked on gets locked in a closet and left there and misses the chance to go out for this "hour in the sun". I don't remember why or much else about the movie, but that has stuck with me since childhood for some reason.

On my way home yesterday, I kind of felt like those kids. I had my windows down on the car... warm breeze blowing through.. enjoying the warm sun. As I pulled on to my street, which has a cul-de-sac at the end of it and also has a park, it was like the floodgates had opened and every parent said "Go! Go out and play!". There were kids everywhere and not one of them was complaining about being outside. They were laughing and running and playing, glad that a nice spring day had arrived.

Since it was so nice and it was St. Patty's day, I invited my brother and SIL over for some grilling. I had some awesome venison steaks in the freezer waiting for a nice grilling day. We grilled those up and I made my semi-famous mustard dill roasted potatoes. It was a great evening.. everyone chillin outside with drinks and enjoying the warm weather. The boys were playing soccer even though the ground was a bit wet yet.

After dinner I got to enjoy my first cigar since the fall as we sat out back with our beers. I went with a Partagas Black Label.. and it was fabulous. Our beers we were enjoying weren't green, but I was drinking Guinness so I think that counts. My brother was drinking Heineken, which was in a green bottle so we counted it. My SIL was drinking some purple Jack Daniel concoction.. so she failed the St. Patty's day thing. She had 3 of them and started slurring words already. She got up to use the restroom and when she came back she was laughing as she sat back down.

There are some things that when no one is there to see, you can just keep to yourself and probably should. Well she probably knew it was a bad idea to say anything, but she was also unable to keep quiet. So she answered our inquisitive looks at her laughing with "I fell off the toilet trying to get up!"

To which she followed up with "You aren't going to blog about this are you?"

Of course not. /cheers!

3 comments:

Heretic March 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury

hangel March 18, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

I totally remember that movie. They played kick the can...didn't they?

Jenae C. March 18, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Thanks....now everyone knows that I am a clutz with the help of some alcohol!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP