No.

>> Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I went to the gym saturday morning which was uneventful until I was on my way out. I go to a Snap Fitness, which in case you haven't heard of it is a 24/7 gym. It is only staffed a few hours a day during the week. All members are given a badge that has a chip in it that allows you access to the building when no staff is present.

I love it as a lot of the time it will be just me.. or me and one or two other people in there. As long as you avoid the 5-7pm time on weekdays, its usually quiet in there. I get to turn the TVs to whatever I want.. usually the Discovery channel. I enjoy a gym full of top end equipment without dealing with bad top 40s music and an over crowding of people on the machines.

As I am grabbing my stuff, there is a guy tapping on the glass door with his car keys. I look at him and go back to getting my stuff together. He didn't have any kind of "OMG .. ZOMBIES CHASING ME.. WANT TO EAT MY HEAD... LET ME IN PLEASE!" kinda look so I didn't let him in. Its not allowed. There are signs posted everywhere and you sign an agreement when you join that you don't allow anyone else to enter when staff is not there if they don't have their own passcard. This guy didn't have one and since I didn't see a dinosaur about to disembowl him or anything, I was not letting him in.

As I go out the door, he says to me that he lost his card. I said politely that I was sorry to hear that, but if he's a member he knows the rules and I can't let him in. I have myself positioned so that he can't get in without going through me at this point. He says that he is going in anyway and starts to try to push through me. All 5'7", buck 25 of him. I don't move and tell him I am not letting him in. I go to push the door closed so it locks and he gets aggressive and grabs the handle and tries to fling it open and tells me again his IS going in.

Well now you have made it a challenge and he was being a dick on top of it all. I was trying to be polite and explain I wasn't going to chance losing my membership just so he could get inside. I blocked his way in and pushed the door shut until it locked on him. He starts fuming.. stomping his feet at me. Like a 3 year old. This guy had to be mid 40s or older.

I calmly started walking to my car and he started shouting at me..

"I LOST MY CARD.. CAN I USE YOURS?"

After all that.. now he wants to ask if he can use my card to get in? Wasn't it obvious already that I wasn't comfortable doing that anyway? I kept walking. Then I hear:

"THIS IS BULLSHIT. I HAVE PROBABLY BEEN A MEMBER HERE LONGER THAN YOU!"

I reacted with lightning speed! I dashed for the door.. threw myself on the ground at his feet and begged forgiveness for slighting him. I couldn't give my badge to him fast enough. I just asked that he not tell the gym's management of my rude behavior to such a VIP client in hopes they wouldn't reject my membership.

As if... What I really did was open the back of my car and got out my trusty shovel. I looked at him and started moving towards him.. swinging the shovel like a bat. Getting warmed up for some cranium smashing action. I put on my deranged psychopath look which I have been working hard on as I made my way back to where he was still standing and stomping his feet. At some point during my slow-mo journey towards him he realized that he was now in over his head and ran away screaming like a little girl.

Well ok.. neither happened actually. I just turned and laughed at him when he made his comment about being a gym member longer than I have and said "Well then you should be well aware of the security policies that don't allow me to let you in without your key card." I got in my car and left and had a good laugh about it on the way home.

Some people.. I just don't get. All that excitement when all he had to do was come back the next day when staff was there and get a new card.

2 comments:

flyingace March 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Yeah, because I would try and push past you...

Lisa March 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Hey! Small people have feelings too...bastage.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP