How hot is it?

>> Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Last night the boys and I joined my brother and SIL at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. I enjoy going there as they have good food and they have lots of beers on tap and tons of big screen TVs. Its just a fun place.

This was the first time there for the boys. G having been sick that day was under orders to stick with mild stuff and take it easy. B however is my more adventurous eater and he was quickly sizing up the sauces he was going to order. They have 14 listed in order of spicyness / hotness. The left being mild .. the far right one you actually have to sign a waiver to order. Yes.. you have to release them from liability if you want them to serve you the Blazin sauce on your wings.

B smartly decides to stay away from the sauce that they will put your picture on the wall if you manage to choke down 12 wings with that on them. He is however a fan of the spicy and hot stuff so he decides Hot (2 notches down from Blazin) is what he wants to try. My brother and I both tried to warn him about just how hot it was going to be. I know you like the "hot" sauce at Taco Bell and all.. but his is a different level. He said he understood and would be fine. I made him order half of his 12 wings with a milder sauce though.. just in case.

His wings arive and he digs in. He downs the first one and gives me that look like "I told you I would be fine" and says to everyone at the table that it really wasn't THAT bad.

Then it hit him.

And continued to hit him and get worse.

Shortly he was suckin down diet pepsi like it was the nectar of the gods and his one hope for saving the interior of his mouth from burning completely off. It was vastly amusing. Of course we started mocking him so he promptly tosses the gauntlet. My brother has tried them already and declined. My SIL is a wuss and didn't want to try them. G was under orders to take it easy. That left me. So I tried one and went through the same thing.

It's not that bad.

Hmm... thats starting to tingle a bit.

I think I need something to drink!

Holy shit, the skin is peeling off the roof of my mouth.. dear lord what do they put in here? Battery acid?

B and I are both sweating a bit and sucking down every drink at the table. Thankfully our waitress was very good and was bringing us one soda after another. I managed to get past the one I had and went back to the mid range ones I enjoy. B however was determined. He managed to finish off the other 4 of the hot ones.

All in all it was a fun evening. I think next time B will stick with something not quite so hot. Today I am looking forward to an evening in the high 60s. Some grilling. A cold beer out back on the deck. Welcome spring!

4 comments:

flyingace March 17, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Blazin' is next man. I don't care about the picture, I just care about having taste buds after we are done...

Blade March 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

If we split it 3 ways.. maybe.. maybe.

Jenae C. March 17, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

I did too try a bite....I didn't completely wuss out!!!

hangel March 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

I wish I had been part of the fun!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP