WTB: Finished Basement

>> Friday, July 18, 2008

When my sister and brother-in-law came out to visit and drive my brother's stuff here to WI for him, they were nice enough to bring me a coffee table they had replaced with a newer one and and elliptical trainer they were no longer using. The coffee table looks great and the elliptical is something the offered to me a while ago as I love them, but we just didn't have any feasible way of getting it here from AZ.

Now my apartment is 2 bedrooms and is big by apartment standards. Its about 1300 sq. ft. Not huge, but the bedrooms are large and so is the living room area and the kitchen/dining areas. At least it felt that way when I first moved in. After my family left, I decided I was going to move the elliptical in and find a place where I could put it. I knew it would be somewhat inconvenient, but I was not expecting quite what I encountered. Between the two kids computers, TV setup, chair, couch, coffee table, end tables etc and now the elliptical, I had basically filled the room to capacity. You can't walk through the room now without walking around things.

This is working ok this week while the boys are in AZ visiting with my family, but unfortunately I am going to have to make space in the garage to store the elliptical until I get a bigger place. This is dissapointing for me as last night I tossed in a movie I hadn't watched yet.. hopped on the elliptical .. and went at a medium pace for the entire 1:40 of the movie. It was surprising how easy it was to get in a good long workout when you are not focused on the timers and counters. I just put a towel over them so I didn't even get tempted to look at them and just watched my movie. Felt so good afterwards.

My gym fortunately has individual TVs for each piece of cardio and has cable hooked up to them which is second best to watching a movie, so I'm not completely SOL when I move the elliptical back out, but its not quite the same. Commercials are annoying to begin with, but when you are exercising to them.. they become even more so to me for some reason. Since I don't have cable TV at home right now though, this is when I get in my time with Discovery channel .. they have so many shows I love to watch. I have to go to the gym every other day to lift anyway, so I do cardio at the gym when I'm there on those days, and I will just have to go back to the gym on cardio days as well now til I get enough room to setup an office / gym room. :)

I am not usually one to talk about myself and personal goals and challenges much, but as of this morning I have lost over 85 pounds. I have doubled or more the weight I was lifting when I started. I am not on a diet plan, no pills, no strict workout plan. Just hard work at the gym and watching what I eat .. for the most part. I still have a ways to go to reach my final goal, but I am feeling great these days. I have lost about 8 inches off my waist and am starting to show some definition from the lifting. I don't want to be a musclebound freak, just in shape and healthy.

Thanks to all those who have been supporting and encouraging. It means more than you know. When I am done and have reached my final goal, I will post some before and after pictures.

It's Friday.. and less than 20 days until Lisa gets here! I am so very excited!

A friend of mine didn't care for the video I put up yesterday.. and suggested a different one for entertainment purposes. But I will not subject you to his suggestion.. which was Hasselhoff singing 'Can't fight this feeling'. If you really want to see that.. search for it on youtube, you'll find it. The song Safety Dance came up in conversation at work yesterday.. which reminded me of this scrubs clip that cracked me up. So here it is for your Friday enjoyment:

2 comments:

Lisa July 18, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

I am so proud of you. Weight loss is hard, but you are doing so great baby.

Jennifer July 23, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Great news, Josh! Just think, you have lost Emily and Caden! Keep up the good work... xxoo

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP