The Boys are Back in Town

>> Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yes, my boys are back. They enjoyed almost two weeks in sunny (Aka - super hot) Arizona with my parents, sister and bro-in-law, and my nephew Caden. Lot's of time in the pool, hanging out with their cousin, and in general being spoiled with meals out and special activities. They always enjoy their time in Arizona. It's some time away from their parents and special time with family they don't get to see very often due to the distance. This year was no different. They had lots of stories to tell when they got back about all the things they did.

This year it was a bit different for me when they went. In previous years, it was a really nice relaxing break. Some adult time..a bit of a reprieve. But that was when they boys were there with my ex and I all the time.. every day. It just felt a bit different this year as I only have them half the time and thus I have every other week without them already so I don't feel the need for that break. I guess I am just trying to say that although I always miss them when they are gone, I really missed them this year.

On the way back from the airport, they were singing along with the songs I was playing as we often do while driving in the car. They were telling me stories of their AZ adventures. Then they progressed to "playing tennis" which was some kind of game they invented which involved hitting each other in the hands repeatedly. I am not sure on the rules.. only they know. It was good to hear the sounds of their laughter again. Their silliness and antics. Of course we had to end "tennis" when I started hearing "Ow.. that hurt! Stop!" .. but it was amuzing while it lasted.

Big thanks to my AZ family for playing host to the boys again this year. They love the time they get to spend there each year. They were glad to be home, but miss you already.

3 comments:

K July 23, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
hangel July 23, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

We had a great time. We all (especially Caden) miss them already!

Love ya!

Angel July 24, 2008 at 3:31 AM  

Your boys are getting so big. I almost didn't recognize B. It's crazy how big they are.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP