The Magnificent Seven

>> Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yesterday I was 'tagged' to do a post with 7 random and maybe semi-interesting facts about myself. I decided that since they were about me.. the post must be titled "The Magnificent Seven". It just fit :P



So anyway.. here we go:

1. I have the build of a football player and everyone assumes thats what I did in high school, but I was actually a swimmer. Never played football in an organized league of any kind. I swam varsity in high school and swam in a summer league as well.

2. I have texture issues with foods. I love the flavors, but I cannot stand eating some foods because of their consistency and texture. Take onions for example. I like the flavor of them in food and if you use onion powder I am fine. But cook up a big tapeworm looking chunk of onion and put it right on top of something and you can have it all to yourself.

3. As a kid, I was terrified of the Wizard of Oz. My Mom will still tell you stories to this day about it if you ask. I still think the flying monkeys are creepy.

4. I work with computers all day every day.. and it also happens to be one of my favorite hobbies as well. I am one of the lucky people that really enjoy what they do for a living.

5. I am an acoustic guitar junkie. I love to listen to just about anything played on one. I spend a lot of time searching for and downloading acoustic versions of songs .. especially from bands that rarely do anything 'unplugged'. I have tried to pick up the guitar several times and can pick at it a bit, but alas my fingers are too short to do it realistically. Which brings me to number 6.

6. I have very big hands, but shorter fingers. No, it doesn't look freakish or anything, but if I compare my hand to my son's, his fingers are already longer than mine even though my hand overall is bigger than his.

7. I did photography in high school.. for the school yearbook as well as just for fun and personal satisfaction. I hope to get back into in the future. I love black and white, and sepaitone pictures. Photos are my favorite kind of artwork.


Well there you go.. maybe some things you didn't know about me. Or didn't want to know. I think I get to tag people now.. so to my siblings, consider yourself tagged.

For a little comic relief to brighten your day, here is another clip from Bill Engvall. This guy just slays me. Enjoy:




Seven days til my Lisa gets here! All sorts of good things associated with 7 today. :D

4 comments:

Jennifer July 30, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

1) I have a texture thing about food too. Mushrooms, oatmeal, apples....
2) You and your sister were also very freaked by ET

hangel July 31, 2008 at 12:00 AM  

ET. Lets not discuss ET. I HATE ET.

Thanks for the tag. It will be my post tomorrow. I need 24 hours to come up with interesting things. Or to make them up. Either way.

Blade July 31, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

I had forgotten about ET. My mother decided to send me an email she put together with some clip art of aliens and it said in huge letters:

E.T. Phone Home.

So I called her thinking she was just finding a clever way to say she wanted to talk to me.. but no, she was merely trying to remind me as well that I didn't like ET as a kid.

K July 31, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

ET was a little creepy. And I totally understand the food texture thing. Cooked fruit, cannot do it!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP