Discovery Love

>> Friday, July 25, 2008

Since the boys are back.. and we needed our living room, the elliptical is in the garage for now. That means I have to do my cardio at the gym again. The upside to this is that they have individual TV's for each piece of cardio equipment and they all are hooked up to cable TV. For me.. this means one thing. Discovery channel.

Oh I know, this makes me a huge nerd or something, but I am quite addicted to the channel. The shows.. I just like them all. Mythbusters, Smash Lab, Build it Bigger, How's it Made, Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch ... all fabulous shows. I know whenever I turn on Discovery, there is going to be something I like to watch.

I have 12 days as of this morning to hit a personal goal before Lisa gets here and we head to Canada for our guild camping trip and that means some extra time at the gym. As any of you working out and trying to get in shape know, motivation is always the struggle. Somehow getting your butt out of the house and down to the gym after a 10 hour work day and 2 hours drive time. Then when you get there.. finding a way to stay there and getting in the time you know you need to make your goals.

Discovery has come through for me once again. Do you all know what this Sunday is? No? Dissapointed. Sunday starts SHARK WEEK! They have all their normal shows, but those shows all get a shark theme and relate themselves to sharks somehow. Then there is all the other shows on sharks. I love shark week. So now I have a reason to spend an extra hour or two at the gym.. to watch shark week as I don't have cable tv at home right now.

My girlfriend happens to love sharks, which of course is another reason I love her. Its not easy to find a woman who is as willing as you are to get all geeky over a weeks worth of shark programs on Discovery!

So for Lisa and all the other shark and Discovery channel fanatics out there.. here is some killer slow motion footage of a great white shark:

2 comments:

Jenae C. July 25, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

I love shark week too!! I just usually forget when it's on and miss it, but now I will remember, thanks!

Lisa July 25, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

<3 Sharks. <3 you. Yay for Shark Week baby!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP