Say what?

>> Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So we were all set to grill up some venison steaks for dinner last night with my brother and SIL when my son reminded me that we had promised that the next time we were all together, we would go to Buffalo Wild Wings and split an order of the 'Blazin' wings. This is the very top of their hotness scale and has this warning on it: "Keep away from eyes, pets and children." Now we had tried their 'Hot' a while back and that was pretty intense itself. Blazin is another 3 notches above that.

As we were heading into the restaurant, my younger son turns to show me how one of his adult teeth was coming in faster than another. His older brother asks him how he remembers when the second one was lost to know that its coming in faster. The converstaion at this point was:

G: "Don't you remember when Mom punched me in the balls and I lost this tooth?"

B: "Oh yeah! I remember that!"

Me: "Wait.. what?!?"


No, you concerned people do not need to call child protective services. The story was that G had picked up a big excercise ball and had been carrying it around asking if anyone thought it was weird that one of his balls was bigger than the other. Typical shennanigans from him and then mom apparently dropped down to 5th grade level (as I would have) and punched the big 'ball'. This somehow coincided with his tooth coming out.. or at least close enough that G has the ability now to tell the story about mom punching him in the balls and causing a tooth to come out. Mom packs quite a wallop!

So after that story.. I am already laughing as we head in and get out table. Brandon has this ring that he wears which my SIL noticed and commented on. Now B wears it on his right ring finger as he knows it signifies marriage on the left. It was also fairly loud in there, so I think he missed part of the question asked of him. This led to the following very amusing exchange:

SIL: Thats a cool ring B. Looks like its made of Tungsten. Same as J's wedding ring.

J: Heh.. who are you married to B?

B: It's my right hand!

It took a lot of effort not to make a new distance record for shooting soda out of a nasal passage. In clarifying .. B was trying to say that the ring was ON his right hand and thus didn't signify marriage. But the way it all went down.. well that is just priceless. SIL was quite proud that she got the joke this time right away though and for once, I was surprised in that it went over both my boys' heads. Nowadays I am usually shocked how all those little innuendos don't go over their head and the two of them are giggling away.

The big adventure for the night was splitting an order of those wings. 2 each for B, J and I. We had extra drinks on hand. Ranch to dip them in. We were set. We ate them quick before the first one completely hit and we had a chance to rethink things. It wasn't bad at first, but about 60 seconds later the burn started. The back of the throat felt much like battery acid was slowly burning a hole right through to the outside. We tried out best to quench things, but it was a good 10-15 minutes of sweating, red faces, watery eyes, runny noses and burning in the mouth and throat.

We managed to complete our little challenge although I doubt we will ever do that again. The waitress was telling us about the challenge they have with those wings that will get you a picture up on the board. You have to eat 12 of them. By yourself. In under 6 minutes. With NO drinks or other food inbetween. Insanity IMO. On top of that, while they will take your picture for free and put it up on the board, you still have to pay for the wings and if you want the T-shirt proving you did it.. you have to pay for that too. What kind of crazy food challenge is that? I'm going to skip the whole paying to torture myself bit thanks. Paying for the 6 we split between us was bad enough. :P

3 comments:

flyingace May 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

NEVER AGAIN

K May 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

It seems that Gabe forgot to tell you that he was also singing ACDC at the time... I think it's ACDC. Now I'm second guessing myself. But, heh, you know the song.

Blade May 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Big balls I assume? They sign that fairly often. Yes.. thats AC/DC.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP