Math Skillz

>> Wednesday, May 27, 2009

As a parent, you know that your kids are going to excel at some things and possibly struggle with others. You hope that they are good students. Both my boys do very well in school, but they are polar opposites on what they like and easily excel in. My older son is definitely more on the reading / writing side of things while my younger son is the math / science junkie. Now that is not to say either 'struggles' with the other subjects, but they both definitely have something that seems to just come naturaly to them.

Attending my older son's music performance last night for choir set my mind at ease on his math skills however. I could go into some long dissertation on how music IS math, but that is really not my point. I was able to simply look at him up on stage and I knew he had a firm grip on statistics, ratios and even probability.

How did I know he had a firm grip on these concepts simply by observing him standing up on stage and singing? Easy. There were about 30 kids up there performing with the seventh grade choir. Five, including himself, were guys. What can I say but SMART KID.

The performance was awesome and we had a great evening with friends and family. We grilled brats and dogs for dinner and then went to watch B perform. Then back to the house for some awesome desserts. It was a good time all around.

2 comments:

K May 27, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

The concert was good but seemed to be lacking the fun POP that they have had before. Corrupting Jenae and making Jeremy piddle on the floor however made the evening perfect. I hope y'all enjoyed the pie. The cookie was good Jen!

hangel May 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Do we get more of the story of jenae being corrupted and Jeremy piddling? Come on!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP