P I M P

>> Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So I was having lunch with some friends at work at the sports bar where we tend to watch sportscenter while we eat. Now I am not a major sports nut or anything, but I like to keep up on basketball a bit still and its always fun to watch the crashes from nascar and the good plays from all the boring sports condensed down into a couple of minutes.

I am half watching sportscenter, which is typically your "manly" channel to watch, while talking with everyone. Out of the corner of my eye I see something bright pink flash onto the screen. Pink is not a color normally associated with sportscenter so I had to see what it was. Seeing that it was such a "mans" channel the first thing that came to mind when I saw pink.. well nevermind that. Anyway.. here is what I saw:








Even if you can't watch the video.. you should be able to see what I am talking about. The guys name is Don Cherry and he is notorius for sporting crazy and outlandish outfits, but I must say, it takes some big stones to get on sports center wearing a flourescent pink floral print suit complete with white carnation and light pink tie. What was he on there to discuss you wonder? Hockey of course! I mean that guy must be using a suit like that to provoke fights because he wants a chance to experience the penalty box too.

If people can get away with saying that these are fashion trends, then why not flourescent pink flow print suits?:





If I ever saw this guy out in a bar wearing that suit, I would definitely buy him a round and toast his bold fashion move. Why? Simply because I know that anyone wearing a suit like that is expecting to get some crap over it and is probably looking forward to it. Someone like that wouldn't hesitate to shank you and then wipe his blade off on your clothes so he doesn't stain his suit! I'm just saying.. tread lightly around those wearing pink suits or anyone wearing a katana as part of a well planned outfit. Those guys are just waiting for you to start something.

Just one last thing as a public service announcement. If you like sushi, please be on the lookout for salmonella. I know what you are going to say.. "But you only get that from raw poultry" I say Nay Nay.. look at the word. SALMONella. Clearly salmon is a fish and therefore this illness must have derived its name from raw fish so PLEASE watch how much raw fish you eat .. like sushi. If you doubt my logic, please read the following. You will quickly see the beauty of logic such as this.

Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches.
Peasant 2: Wood.
Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
Peasant 1: No, no, it floats!... It floats! Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1: Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore...
Peasant 2: ...A witch!

For those of you that don't know where thats from..shame on you. Here's the link:

5 comments:

K May 20, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

That made my head hurt

Lisa May 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Chicken baby...chicken!

Jenae C. May 20, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Is it from Mony Python and the Holy Grail? If not, I'm lost!

Heretic May 21, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

You and I need to get awesome suits like this for halloween here at work. Get some big hats with white feathers in them, and then a cane with like a bulldog head on the ends. Walk around with that on, and when people ask what our halloween costumes are, reply:

"Oh it's Halloween?"

Jennifer May 22, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

Watch out for killer rabbits!!!
MP and the Holy Grail is one of our favs! Saw Spamalot on Broadway! Next time you are in Ny we have to go! You'll love it!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP