It's not easy..

>> Tuesday, May 13, 2008

As I was browsing for a clip from Scrubs for yesterdays post, I stumbled across this one. It was labled as "The best quote out there from Scrubs". I watched it of course as I was expecting one of the hundereds of moments from the show that make me laugh. As I was talking about my love for the show Scrubs with a very special person in my life, she said something along the lines of "It's a silly show.. and thats why you think its so funny.. because you are silly" I thought about it and I guess thats not too far off the mark. I find I am often silly with my boys and with friends. Its fun. The rest of the time I like to maintain my scary, angry, never smiling demeanor.

Anyway.. back to the clip. Like I said, I have so many scenes and quotes from scrubs that just crack me up. Like the "What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso" quote. That kind of stuff slays me. So that is what I was expecting from a scrubs clip about the best quote out there. I was quite surprised that it was nothing of the type at all. It was actually rather serious, but I thought of all the areas the quote applies to .. and how true it is. Check it out:



Now Kelso is talking to a girl who wants gastric bypass surgery to fix her weight problem. I don't remember what Turks issue is at the time that he finds the advice fitting to, but it is true for so many thing. "Nothing that is worth having, comes easy." As I am working to loose weight myself, I know how hard it is to be good on a daily basis, to eat healthy and keep going to the gym when I would rather go home and relax. That quote applies to so many more things though. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed with it.

When I think about the stuff going on in my life.. things are seldom easy. Think about the relationships you treasure in your life...be it friends, family or that special someone. Are any of them truly "easy"? When it comes down to it, all relationships are work..and the good ones are worth working hard to keep. Even if they don't always work out exactly how you expect them too. It's true though, life is hard, and there are no magic fixes.

Life can be scary too. It's hard putting yourself out there in relationships. To truly open yourself and allow your feelings to be out there where they can be stomped on. It's far easier to just guard yourself, protect yourself from getting hurt. But then you have to ask yourself, how are you going to ever have that connection with someone that makes life great? Is it worth the risk of getting hurt to potentially have something amazing? It like gambling with your emotional well being. It's scary. Again though, nothing worth having is easy. Ultimately, if you want something bad enough, I think you will suprise yourself what you are willing to go through to get it.

Take an athelete who spends 5 hours a day training his body and his skills to be as good as he can be at something. They are working hard to be the best at what they do. Then take another athelete from the same sport who takes steroids and other drugs to get better with less work. Maybe it works for the short term, but in the end they will get caught or the drugs have a negative effect on their body and they ruin themselves in the long run.

To all those people who are putting in the hard work day in and day out to make things happen, I salute you. Find the things in life that are important to you and put in the work, and take a chance. Life is scary, but it is far better to be scared and take a chance than it is to just sit back being afraid to live life. Nothing in this world is guaranteed. Nothing is for certain. Its possible that you can try something and fail. But then you know what doesn't work, so learn from your mistakes, pick yourself up and do it the right way next time.

I think I spent too long hoping, or expecting things to be easier than they were. It took me a long time to get to where I am now. To realize things I guess I knew deep down but didn't want to or wasn't ready to deal with. Now I understand that the best things in my life are going to require some work. That things don't just appear and everything is all puppies and rainbows. It takes time and patience, understanding, and a strong desire to make things work no matter what life throws at you. Sometimes it seems like there is no end to the craziness of the world around you. It's then you talk to your good friends and family and let them help you and support you. Do the same for them when they need it.

"Let me break this down for you Bob-o style" Take that big chance. Go after the things you want no matter how hard it seems. Just be ready to work for it. When you finally get what you want, it will be that much sweeter. You won't take it for granted. You will realize how amazing things are and be thankful everyday to have those people and achievements in your life.

0 comments:

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP