Goodbye

>> Sunday, April 27, 2008

Its been a couple days now.. but I couldn't bring myself to write this before now. One of the most amazing women I have ever known passed away Thursday evening. We knew this was coming, and honestly it's somewhat of a relief to know that she is no longer suffering. She had made her decision weeks ago. She was at peace. So all that was left was the waiting and I know that was hard on both her and everyone that loves her.

You know me and music. I kept looking for THAT song. The one that sums up how I feel. The one that speaks to me and will always remind me of the good times. The wonderful memories I have of my Grandma. I couldn't find a single one that fit my mood. None of the lyrics could express how I feel. Then I stumbled across one of my favorite guitarists and an instrumental he wrote called "While We Cry". I have been listening to it over and over while I try to write this. It's not a super depressing song. It's melodic, sweet, beautiful.



I am going to miss you so much Grandma. I have so many good memories of you, your house, and all the wonderful times we spend together there and elsewhere. You were the one that always went way out of your way and did all the little things that made everyone feel special. You are loved by so many. You had such a positive impact on so many people.

A wonderful friend of mine reminded me of something important the other day. That despite the fact that I am losing you, I still will have my fond memories of all the time we had together. That those don't go away with you even though it sometimes feels like they will. I will always smile and remember the great times we shared when I think of you Grandma.

I don't know what else to say.. so I will simply say this:

Goodbye Grandma. I love you.

-J

2 comments:

Jenae C. April 27, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

your blog today was very touching. We all love grandma, and always will. We are all blessed to have memories of her, and your right, those won't go away. Those memories will be cherished forever. Love you Josh!

K April 28, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

We were all so blessed by Grandma. I'm so grateful that I had her in my life. You are right, those memories can never be taken away.
And as much as she made everyone around her happy, she loved to do it. An amazing woman.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP