I wanna be like youuououououu...

>> Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So the topic of the greatest Disney movies of all time came up. Now I know a lot of you that read this blog are die hard Disney freaks. I don't take it quite a seriously, but I do have my favorites. They can be entertaining for various reasons. They might be overly funny with adult humor. It might be the animation and characters. For me a lot of the time its the music involved. My favorite Disney song is definitely from Jungle Book. Here you go:



Normally I wouldn't say I was a big fan of jazz / swing music, but this song is just great. I have fond memories of dancing around the living room with my boys when they were younger singing along with that song.. especially towards the end when they are doing their whole freestyle riff thing. I never got a hold of a grass hula skirt for the part of Baloo, but who knows. Maybe someday.

Im sure everyone has their Disney movie memories. I remember when I was younger that on Sunday nights they would have a Disney movie on ABC. My family and I would always do a "party supper" with lots of appetizer and finger foods, and sit in the living room together and watch the movie while we ate. Its something I still do today with the boys from time to time. We did it the other night actually. Not while watching disney movies, but the time together is whats important.

Another for me was when I was sick, I always used to watch Mary Poppins. I know.. you can start mocking me now, but it was long and fun so it passed the time while I was laying around feeling miserable. I still have fond memories of watching that movie as a kid. That one and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Both great movies.

I know.. finally a short blog post. I was going to ramble some more about my other favorite Disney flicks, but honestly most of them are great and we could just get into a whole debate about which ones best for what reason. I will let you duke that stuff out. So til next post.. I'm gone man.. Solid Gone!

2 comments:

hangel March 18, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

My favorite is still the Little Mermaid. Mock me if you must...
I totally remember watching Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks... Ahhhh. The good ol' days. Now all I watch are the WIGGLES!

Lisa March 19, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

^^ Little Mermaid has to be my favorite also. Damn that fish for making me a little less cool :P

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP