I survived

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Its been a busy crazy week since I last posted, but I know you are all relieved to know that I did indeed survive. We had a major upgrade project going on at work related to our SAN and disaster recovery plan. That meant we had a vendor working with us up here all week and thus limiting my time for things like keeping up on my blog.

At home, it was taking every ounce of self control to actually not follow through with my "must take him out" thoughts on the younger boy. I know he thinks I like to ground him, but I don't and let me explain why. It is FAR more punishment to myself and his brother than it is to him. His brother didn't get in trouble and neither did I, yet we are the ones truly suffering here.

When G has nothing to do, he entertains himself by annoying others. Im trying to watch a movie and he comes in every 5 minutes to either ask a pointless questions he already knows the answer to like "Can I have a 2nd dessert?" or wants to show me something he made out of his Kinnects or however you spell it. Maybe he wants me to get up and come out to the kitchen where he is working on a puzzle and insists on showing me how well he is doing...approximitely every 2% towards completion.

Tired of making the effort of walking down the hall to my room to drive me crazy he sits next to his brother and proceeds to do his best to annoy the living crap out of him. I know most you that read this are far too cultured to have seen the movie Dumb and Dumber, but there is a scene in there that sums up G's behavior when he is trying to be annoying to his brother.



Wait for the end .. with the noise. That is the kind of stuff he would do. If his other dreams of being a hobo and marrying a prostitue fall through, he could take up a career with the CIA extracting information from prisoners with non-physical torture methods. He knows that if his brother asks politely for him to stop doing something annoying, he is supposed to stop. Thats why G has developed a whole repertoire of annoying sounds and actions. Tapping, banging, whistling, humming and many others all perfected to be as maddening as possible.

At least he is annoying his brother now and not me right? I'm not so lucky. Not only are most of the noises loud enough that I can hear them in the other room, it doesn't take long for the Master to break his target. It's only a short time before B makes his way to me to complain about said annoyance which he has asked his brother to stop repeatedly. So now I have to stop my movie again to deal with that. And again 10 minutes later when G is now across the room doing something entirely different and not covered in the first discussion, but just as annoying and prompts B to come complain again.

Now I have to banish G to his room because he apparently cannot handle being around other humans when he is that bored and they are not bored along with him. So in his room he goes and turns on the local top40 station which plays mostly hip hop music and is loud enough to be thumping through my walls. Now I have to pause my movie again and get up to go into his room to make him turn it down because he can't hear me calling for him to turn it down as its too loud.

I came so close to breaking and letting him win. Telling him fine .. go play your computer so you will just calm the hell down and I don't have to inflict physical, reportable damage to your body.

Why oh why can't he do his one chore and not make life miserable for everyone? Why? Please someone tell me WHY?!? At least that week is over and he is off grounding and over at the ex's. Hopefully he is having a better week this week and I can try to forget this past week before he comes over again. If he is going to be like that every time he gets in trouble, maybe the teenage years where they hide out in their rooms and don't talk to anyone will be a welcome time. :P

2 comments:

K February 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

I should not laugh. I KNOW that I should not laugh. But still: Buwhahahahaha!!!! Isn't it amazing that the child that is so much like you is the one who can bring you to the verge of mind melting frustration without even trying?

The Dalaimama February 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Oy. You and me both sista! uh brutha. My daughter will even say "I just like pestering him because he will ignore me if I don't". Well I give her props for honesty at least. Your house sounds like my house :D

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP