Got a warrant?

>> Friday, February 13, 2009

Sunday night I was at home waiting for my Ex to drop off the kids. She was running late after a long day in the Dells with the boys and some of their friends so like I normally do I turn on the outside lights and unlock the door so they can come in when they get there. Around 730 the doorbell rings and I yell out that its unlocked and to come on in. Nothing. So I head to the door to see if maybe it wasn't unlocked. It was, I open it and who stands there but a police officer.

Nothing like an unexpected visit from the cops late at night to send your mind into a panic. Was I being too loud? Did the guy I throat punched earlier for driving 15 in the 35mph zone file a complaint? Did something happen to my ex and the kids?

The officer asks if he can come in and so I let him in and he proceeds to explain that he is talking to all the people in the area because my neighboor's truck got hit while parked in the driveway. He asked if I knew anything about it or had heard anything. I asked him when.. and he said two days ago, sometime between 11pm and 8am. I explained that I am generally asleep or heading that way and that I don't really hear anything outside at that point even if I am awake.

Still standing there he finally asks if I have any damage to my vehicle. That he wants to check and make sure no other cars in the area got hit. Cmon now. How gullible do you think I am? You want to check for black paint on my car. See if I am dumb enought to hit my next door neighboors car and then not say anything and hide my car in the garage with black paint from her truck all over it.

You know you have watched too much CSI when the first thing that pops into your mind is "Do you have a warrant?" I am already picturing them collecting any suspicious scrapings off my car and analyzing them to see if they match the paint from her truck. I decided since I had nothing to hide and I really didn't want to come off as suspicious and uncooperative that I would let him check my car. He did, found nothing of course and went on his merry way.

Its a good thing he didn't check the shovel in the back of my car. Oh cmon now.. you didn't REALLY think I would get rid of my shovel did you? Sometimes you need that extra reach and it really handy for body disposal!

1 comments:

K February 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

It would have been AWESOME if they impounded your car and put it under plastic and put the gassy stuff in there and showed all kinds of evidence! You need to hit someone... Oh wait. I did that. And still no cool CSI shit. Real life is so lame.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP