Had to put him down.

>> Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Well its official. The boy has to be put down. The younger one. At least I got a couple of years of labor out of him before he had to be ended. On one hand, I am going to miss out on the prime snow shoveling and lawn mowing years, but on the other hand, I am taking him out before he becomes a full fledged teenager.

As you know from my Tyrant posts, the boy and I have had some discussions lately. The last one ended with my expectations clear as they could possibly be. I made him repeat his responsibilities and consequences for failing to follow through with them several times. He knew that failing to do his chores.. and by chores I mean chore as he has only one .. would result in him getting a weeks grounding from all things electronic. TV, Computer, DS, Xbox. He KNEW what the consequences were going to be.

So.. Sunday night arrives and the boys come back to me for the week. The house was clean, all chores were done prior to them ariving so they both had clean starts for the week. Gabes 'chore' this week is filling up the water bottles and putting them in the fridge. Taxing I know. That is the kind of slavedriver tyrant I am.

Monday was G's skiing field trip for school, so we got him all set for the next day. Made sure he had his lunch ready and snow stuff out. Since he was skiing that day, he had no homework. Therefore when he got home, he had only one thing to do before he was free to do whatever he wanted. There were 3 water bottles to fill. Yes.. 3. He sends me a text at work and asks me if he could play on my WoW account. I responded that he could 'as long as all his stuff was done'. He said OK.

Fast forward 2 hours to me getting home. Late even as I was stuck at work with a vendor later than I normally leave. I walk in the door .. and there is G frantically trying to fill the 3rd water bottle. /sigh. I just looked at him as I took off my coat and put my stuff away.

Me: So you didn't take the 30 seconds to do your chore even though I reminded you via txt when you asked if you could play?

G: No.

Me: Why?

G: Because I was being lazy.

Me: Well at least you are being honest. You know what this means right?

G: *hangs his head* Im grounded for a week.

Me: As long as you know. You didn't even make it 24 hours. I don't know why you did this too yourself. You wouldn't take 30 seconds to do that so you could have a normal week?

G: *silence*


I didn't get upset. Didn't shout or yell. I just thought over how rediculous his actions were and thought back to the line from Bill Cosby 'Himself' where he says that as a dad he can say "I brought you into this world.. I'll take you back out" I decided it was time. The boy had to go. The idiocy of the situation was just too much for me to handle. He had a good run though. Almost 11 and 1/2.

4 comments:

Jenae C. February 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Tell him I love him before you take him out....I will miss him....:(

hangel February 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

Can't you just do a throat punch and be done with it? Don't want him gone forever!

Blade February 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

How about I just ship him out your way. You will have someone to entertain Cade and I won't have to take him out then :P

K February 4, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

It seems like such a waste. We put a lot of time and money into that one. Although air quality from the lack of noxious gases will improve greatly.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP