Winter Wonderland

>> Monday, November 24, 2008

So I walk out the door this morning.. running late for work as my alarm never went off and the boys assumed I had the day off so didn't wake me.. and BAM .. white everywhere. It snowed that heavy, wet, thick snow. It covers all the branches on the trees and makes them look super cool. We had a couple inches on the ground.. and my car since I never got around to cleaning my garage this weekend and getting my car in there. Damn you Lich King!

I am not sure why the snow was such a shock to me this morning, but it was. I know its winter time. I know it has been cold enough to snow for a while. But for some reason I totally didn't expect there to be snow out there this morning. I love the first snow of the year. I drove to work enjoying the scenery and my mug full of Icing on the Cake coffee. I turn into a coffee junkie in the winter. Makes the morning drive so much better.

It was a different experience driving to work today. See this is the first time driving in the snow with my new tires. Last winter I drove on tires that needed to be replaced for the entire winter. I know it was stupid and dangerous, but tires for my car are expensive. You know how that kind of thing goes. It got towards the end of winter and I kept thinking I made it this far, no big deal now. My tires had very little tread on them so it was quite the adventure learning how to drive in the snow safely with them. I don't suggest it. :P

Anyway, it was nice having traction in the snow again. I felt much safer driving today. Now all I have to worry about is the idiots in the 4wd trucks that insist they can still do 80 in the snow and ice simply because someone put a sticker that says 4x4 on the back of their truck. It never ceases to amaze me that they have a complete lack of understanding of basic physics. If there is no weight on the back tires on a pickup, there is no traction. Period. It doesn't matter if you have 4wd or not if there is no traction. You will just spin the tires really fast with your big v8 engine.

Normally I would step in here and hit these people in the melon with a shovel. However, in light of the cold weather, snow, and impending thanksgiving holiday I have changed my mind. No, I haven't turned over a new leaf, I am just trying to get into the holiday spirit and thus have shelved my shovel. Instead, I will hit them in the face with a frozen turkey.

This idea came to me when we got our free turkeys from work the other day. It was in one of those convenient net carrying bags with a handle. As I was walking out to my car with it swinging, I thought to myself that I was basically carrying a 20lb rock with a convenient handle for swinging it...at the melon of annoying people. How festive is that!?

3 comments:

K November 24, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

And he's back! Hooray for the snarky scary Blade.

It was beautiful this morning but if I have to go outside with Zoey just to make sure she actually goes to the bathroom all winter, it's going to be a really long 3 months.

flyingace November 24, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Did you see the news story this morning about the carjacker who got hit in the head with the frozen turkey? I think he was found bleeding from his head!

See what happens when you do something stupid while people are unloading frozen turkeys into their cars?

hangel November 24, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

I never considered a turkey a weapon, but now I know!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP