Too Hot or Frozen

>> Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If you watched the clip I posted about the hot pocket, you will remember him talking about the two ways you can eat a hot pocket. Still frozen in the middle, or boiling lava hot. That is the same way my office is.

We have a temperature control on the wall for just our room. It is just a slider with left being cooler, right being warmer. Its supposed to have a 10 degree range in temperature. So if they building is set at say 65, then if you leave it in the middle it will be at 65, all the way to the left would be 60 and all the way to the right should be 70.

It actually works out more like:

All the way left = Fingers numb. Can see breath. Penguins are wearing scarves and hats.
Middle = does not actually exist.
All the way right = WTF.. when did we move the office to Arizona? Throw some steaks on the desk, they will probably cook quick.

With all of todays technology, this is seriously the best temperature control we can come up with? If you know me, you know I don't get cold easy. So when I am shivering at my desk and my hands actually hurt from being so cold, its DAMN COLD. Yet a small flip of the switch and suddenly its like we are in a sauna and I start looking around for someone to pour some water on the rocks for some steam to make it REALLY uncomfortable.

Another of these shocking lack of working technology areas is drive-thrus. Next time you pull up to the McDonalds drive through in your car with On-Star, GPS navigation, sattelite radio, CD/MP3 player, DVD players in the headrest and talking on your phone that can call, txt, email, take pictures and short movies as well as play music and games, really think about the drive through technology. You try to talk to this little speaker. They try to talk back. It sounds like you are trying to intercept an alien transmission from deep space. Hell half the time I am tempted to pull off the speaker cover and confirm my suspicion that it is indeed a can in there with a string tied to it.

Its just a bad combination. You only need an IQ of about 4.73 to work at a fast food restaurant. Most employees are kids who, while they like the paycheck, hate working. And they really hate working drive through on a weekend when they could be doing something fun. So you take a kid who doesn't really care about the job he is doing and then toss in the fact that they have to try and decipher what they hear through that static filled radio and is it any real wonder that they get orders wrong or incomplete so often?

Well I must go turn the thermostat back to Ice Age as my eyes are drying out from the hot air that is slowly turning the office into a waypoint on the journey to hell.

1 comments:

K October 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

You stole my post. I was going to write about the frozen tundra that is my office today (that is write it today, it's cold every day) but since you've done that already, I'll just say HI and ask you to send your excess warmth to me. I literally have a heater at my feet and a blanket over my lap! I'd wear my gloves but IO xcaqmn;'t rty[pe... yeah, doesn't work so well.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP