Let there be rock!

>> Monday, October 20, 2008

As my boys and I were playing through a set on RockBand 2 yesterday and we came to Let There Be Rock by AC/DC, I started thinking about the fact that they are getting exposed to all this cool music. Not only exposed to it, but find they like a lot of different stuff and have been requesting I put some of the songs on their MP3 players.

As I was playing WoW online with some friends yesterday, we were talking on Ventrilo. For those of you unfamiliar with it, Ventrilo is a voice chat server that we use to communicate easily while we play. Well everytime I queued my mic to talk, they could hear the tap-tap-tap of the drums coming from the other room where Gabe was trying to bang out Joan Jett's Bad Reputation on expert drums. Yep, my 11 year olds favorite song right now is by Joan Jett. Go figure. Not the Jonas Brothers, not Miley Cyrus, not High School Musical 47 - The Golden Years.

I was talking about this with one of the guys in my guild and saying how cool it was that the boys are getting an appreciation for many different types of music. From classic rock to funk, metal to pop rock and lots of stuff in between. If you are not aware of what kind of music is available, check out the list here. We actually downloaded the entire Blood Sugar Sex Magik album from Red Hot Chili Peppers a bit ago and have been having a blast playing through the tracks on that one. The guy I was talking to is into music quite a bit and as we were discussing the challenges of some of the songs we were playing, this conversation happens:

Krunnk: Your boys are older though aren't they?

Me: Yeah they are. 11 and soon to be 13. Teenager.. ughh.

Krunnk: Must be nice to hear them playing that kind of music.

Me: I am glad to see them listening and playing a variety of stuff.

Krunnk: Lucky.. you know whats playing in my other room? (Krunnk Sings) I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME....

Me: AHHHHH Barney. Sucks to be you man. I had to go through that. Just think.. next is Telletubbies or The Wiggles!

Krunnk: Kill me now. Please


Ok.. so he didn't really ask me to kill him, but I could tell he wanted to but didn't want to freak his wife out who was also on Vent with us. Barney does that to people. Turns your brain into mush. Drives you insane. I mean really. You want a way to make a prisoner talk? You don't need physical torture, you need Barney. Put him in front of a big projector so barney is like the size of Godzilla. Tape his eyelids open, crank the volume and let Barney dance around in front of him singing for 24 hours. Its enough to make the strongest man crack. I am normally a peaceful person, but something about Barney makes me want to punch kittens or hit Kirsten Dunst in the face with a shovel. Ok.. fine. That was a lie. I always want to hit Kirsten Dunst in the face with a shovel. That was not incited by Barney at all but rather the fact that she is a horrible actress and looks like a troll that should be living under a bridge making deals with goats for safe passage.

But anyway, I was out to dinner with my brother and his wife and mother-in-law for Jenae's birthday and somehow the Jim Gaffigan comedy routine about hot pockets popped into my head. Here's the video for those that haven't seen it. Check it out, its a riot and its clean if you are watching at work or have delicate sensitivies.

0 comments:

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP