Slacker Eh?

>> Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So apparently due to the fact that I seldom update my blog when I am not working that day, it makes me a slacker. To those inclined to think that, I encourage you to do check the actual volume of the posts. Sure I could toss up a blog about how I don't have time to blog, but let's be honest. That is just padding your post count! Each one of my blogs is about ten times the length of my prolific poster sibling. So when you really look at things.. I win. Since I have started blogging in Feb. I have put up 51 posts including this one. Even being conservative at 4 times the length of an average post by my sister, that means she would have had to have blogged 204 times to match my blogging output. Has she matched that number? Let's check the numbers. 54 posts since the beginning of Feb. Judges ruling? Yes, I WIN! Get owned C! My other sibling is not even in the running so I didn't even bother to put up his numbers. :P

Not that I am competative or anything.

So.. to the real post. This weekend my girlfriend and I were playing a game called Everquest 2 with the boys. It's an online MMORPG or Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game for those unfamiliar with the acronym. The 4 of us geared up and headed into a dungeon called The Wailing Caverns. We were having a good time fighting through the dungeon together and joking around on vent. You know how there are things that adults will get a secondary meaning too based on choice of words and tone of voice that you know or at least hope are going over the heads of the kids present? Well this is one of those times.

As we moved through we passed a little side room with what looked like treasure chests in it. My younger son, being very fond of loot and treasure, immediately asked if we should go get the boxes in the room. We informed him that those boxes were not actually treasure chests, but monsters called Strongbox Deceivers. He was dismayed. The boxes actually break apart and feet pop out the bottom and a tube like head/neck pops out the top filled with teeth. Here is a picture of what the look like when agitated:



Now, me being me, my mind went to the gutter as it does whenever I think about a box being angry and wanting to hurt me. But there were kids present so I had to pick my word carefully so that L would get what I was trying to say, but my impressionable kids would not. So I said, "You never want to mess with an angry box." The boys didn't pick up on that, but L and I started tossing those kind of comments back and forth. Comments about not wanting to go near a box with teeth and being nice to the box so as not to make it angry etc. The boys just assumed we were saying that those mobs were tough to fight and to leave them alone.

All of a sudden my younger son decides he wants to get in on the joking about the angry boxes and says this. "You don't want to mess with a box with teeth because when you reach in to get your toy out, it could bite your hand off!" I am glad they had their headphones on so they didn't hear me laughing. I couldn't help it. He had no clue about the second meaning possible from that statement, thankfully. I am so not ready for them to be getting that kind of innuendo quite yet. Still, what he said and the way he said it just made it priceless. L was typing to me and telling me she was not talking on vent for a minute because she was still laughing too hard over the whole thing. Ahhh.. good times.

There used to be a show called "Kids say the darndest things" with Bill Cosby and some guy named Art Linkletter. It was the same kind of thing as the above experience, although it was usually less dirty. Here is a link to a clip from that show. Make sure you listen to what the little boy says at about 1:49. Priceless.



Oh.. and Sis.. this made me think of you and my darling nephew that keeps you on your toes. Much <3

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp06022008.shtml

2 comments:

Jenae C. June 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

Your "other sibling" told me to tell you...."bite me"

hangel June 10, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Had I known Mom's silly little poem would've gotten you so riled up, I would've posted it sooner :-)

That comic strip is funny. And how true!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP