No more elementary school.

>> Friday, June 6, 2008

Today is the last day of school for my boys. Not only that, but it is the last day one of my kids will be in elementary school. Gabe is graduating from 4th grade today and next year he moves up to the middle school with his older brother.

I often wonder where the time went. I know .. its cliche, but as I thought back in a previous blog about the silly things they did as little kids, I have to wonder where did it go? Seems like such a short time ago they were stashing french fries in their car seats and now my younger son is almost 11 and heading into 5th grade. My older son will be 13 this winter.. and the teenager in him is already starting to show.

Some days I miss the little kids. The ones that wanted to sit with you and watch teletubbies for the 147th time. Or that would curl up next to you on the couch and fall asleep. The ones learning and exploring and discovering things for the first time. Those were great times.

While I can look back fondly on those memories, its amazing to see the young men they are turning into as well. They never cease to surprise me with the questions they have now and the conversations they can hold with you. They are doing all sorts of fun activities. They are a blast to just hang out with now. Everytime they are over its like having 2 friends to hang out with. Sure I still have to be Dad some of the time, but a lot of the time we just hang out together. We play computer games, Rock Band, basketball or even just watch a movie together.

I think fondly on their younger days, but I also enjoy watching them grow and mature. I like where they are headed .. well most days anyway :P

Congratulations Gabe on your graduation from elementary school. I'm proud of you my son.


Oh, and because apparently not everyone has seen this.. I had to share again. MUUUCKLUUUUCKS!

3 comments:

K June 6, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Bulbous is always a dirty word, I don't care how you use it, it's just wrong.

And am I the only one who sees the rogue frogs in that video?


Ba-loooooo-ga!!

Lisa June 6, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

I am not going to watch the movie cause those things get stuck in my brain.

EVIL!

hangel June 6, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Where do you find such strange things...and is this why you always tease mom about her mucklucks?

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP