Epic Fail

>> Friday, March 26, 2010

Think about all the technology that keeps you connected to the world around you. Cell phones, email, texting, instant messaging, gps, laptops, wireless hotspots, cellular modems.. the list goes on. Hell I have two cell phones now that I carry around and can get my work email from anywhere. I can connect my laptop wirelessly at home and VPN into work, control my desktop at work and run any application.

Yet in this day of technology and staying connected, I was just informed by one of our vendors that the shipping company that Cisco used to send out our new UCS servers can't find the semi that it was shipped on. Yes, you read that correctly. THEY LOST AN ENTIRE SEMI TRUCK. Follow that up with a notice that they had delivered a set to one of our other locations and then had to take that back this morning as it had not actually left the factory in CA yet!

I know.. keeping track of big trucks and products that have been delivered or haven't actually even shipped is REALLY hard. But cmon.. this is Cisco. I would think a company that big would utilize some technology to keep that stuff under control. /sigh





0 comments:

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP