MVNG!

>> Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I had to figure out how to turn the word moving into a 4 letter word.. so thats what I came up with. I have a lot of respect for people who move people for a living. I will tell you one thing though. The next time my brother tells me he is moving, he better also tell me that he is getting single story, ground floor apartment or he is getting a swift kick to the junk.

Here in WI we have had an amazingly awesome summer thus far. We have only had a couple of days where it has been over 80 and no really humid days. Most of the last couple of months the temp has been in the high 60s to low 70s which is perfect. I just knew however that when my brother said he wanted help moving on the 15th that it would be hot and humid. Forget complex weather forcasting models, just pick a day to move a whole ass-ton of furniture up stairs and you can pretty much plan on hot, sticky weather.

Not only is my brother's new apartment an upstairs unit, it has a loft with a small narrow staircase to get up there. Did I also mention that the doorway into his unit was as far as it could possibly be from any of the parking lots so we got to wheel and/or carry everything on a small hike before you could even start the joy that is stairs?

My brother and SIL helped me move some stuff around as well and all in all it was two days of backbreaking hell. So I have changing MOVING to MVNG as it is truly a four letter word in my book. I don't like moving my own shit.. I can't imagine moving other peoples shit for a living. My hat is off to those professional movers that do that day in and day out.

1 comments:

flyingace June 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Ahh, good times. Well, maybe not good, but times none the less. Thanks again for all the horrible stairs you climbed. All ready for some beers and movie watching now!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP