Bleh...

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009

90+ degrees. Sunny. Humid. This is the kind of weather that we get a couple weeks of in the summer time and I hate it. Its unpleasant to be outside. You can take a shower, get dressed and then you step outside and feel like you need another. BLEH.

For Father's Day the boys and I went to the movies to see the new Star Trek. I had big plans originally to go see the new Transformers on the Imax, but then I came to the realization that it doesn't actually release til Thursday of this week. So we went to Star Trek instead. Now I am not a Trekkie by any means and normally avoid the Star Trek movies, this one was done by JJ Abrahms and looked to be a restart to the franchise much like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were to the Batman franchise. While it wasn't as good as the batman movies in my opinion, it was entertaining and overall I would say it was well done.

Yesterday I went to see 'The Taking of Pelham 123" with my brother and his father-in-law. It was a great flick. I like the complex heist type movies. This one had Travolta as the bad guy in it. As we were leaving, my brother said that while he is not normally bothered by profanity in a movie, this seemed over the top to him. I thought about it a minute and while I didn't agree that it was over the top, what bothered me is that it felt forced. Either the dialogue was just that poorly written, or Travolta couldn't quite pull off the super-badass-I-was-in-prison attitude. Sometimes it was ok.. but some of his tirades just felt like such a stretch for him. He is normally a good actor in my opinion, but this was definitely not his best role.

The boys and I, my brother and SIL and her parents all enjoyed happy hour together out at TGIFridays last night. It was a good time and it was a pleasure to get a chance to visit with her parents who are visiting from CA.

Stay cool everyone.

Big props to whoever invented air conditioning!

0 comments:

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP