Thats gonna sting...

>> Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Its winter here in the midwest. That means of course cold weather. Its really too cold to just 'be' outside. Sure the kids can still get bundled up and go play in the snow when its here, but its not the same. So here comes thanksgiving day. My brother and sister-in-law were gracious enough to host us at their place for t-day this year and so as we were getting things ready to go, the boys said they were going to go outside til I was set. So they go out with just jackets on .. no hats.. no gloves etc.

About 10 minutes later they come in. Their cheeks are all red. Their noses were red. B puts his cold hands on my head.. and they were indeed freezing. Not to be outdone, but convinced of his own cleverness, his brother doesn't try to put his cold hands on me, he instead puts his hand up and says 'HI FIVE'....

*pause for effect*

For those of you that have never left the desert and don't know what happens when your skin is very cold... it gets itchy, tight and above all else, hurts like a mother if it gets hit hard. So there is G .. sure of his own genius.. standing there with his hand in the air waiting for my high five. He was convinced that I would hit his hand and the cold from his skin would be unbearable for me and he would have his smug victory.

That didn't happen however. I, being wise in my years, was way ahead of him. I was already thinking about giving their frozen earlobes a good flick just for fun, but this presented a far superior option. Queue the Todd:



I gave him a high five like no other. Sure.. I know you are saying that it was mean. Or cruel. But really, no lasting harm was done and it was beneficial for all parties involved. It was immensely entertaining for B and I, and G got a good life lesson! It was tough love for sure, but that is the kind of caring parent I am.

2 comments:

K December 2, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Wow I wish I had been there to see that.

Sometimes words cannot describe how awesome it is to be a parent.

Gabe got served!

flyingace December 2, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

I stil can't believe that you didn't snap after. The Todd would be sad. *Sad Five*

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP