Humbug Indeed

>> Monday, December 15, 2008

Around the office I have a reputation as a Scrooge. The one who doesn't like the office celebration type crap. Its well deserved I suppose. I hate potlucks. I despise office secret santa exchanges. The idea in general of office celebrations bugs the crap out of me. If there are people at the office I want to spend that kind of time with, I'll make arrangements to do it outside of work. Why should I be forced to be 'festive' around people I wouldn't spend time with at all were it not for the fact that they work in the same department I do?

I just don't understand how me buying a $15 gift for some random person at the office in any way makes the holiday season better. Especially in a year where the economy is like it is and some family and friends have agreed to forgo exchanging gifts this year to ease the holiday stress.

And I still don't like potlucks. Everyone likes to bring in that special 'family recipe' dish that only people forced to eat that crap growing up have managed to acquire a taste for. No.. I don't want to try your Bolivian Yak Nutsack Soup or Fermented Green Bean and Liver Jello. If you insist on doing potlucks, have the decency to bring something people actually want to eat. Save your unique crap for people that have no choice but to be polite and eat that crap because its tradition or something.

If you want to celebrate the holiday season.. lets go out and get a couple of beers. Hell alchohol makes dealing with any office function much easier.

Enough scrooge ranting for now though. I watched Christmas Vacation with the boys this weekend. One of our holiday favorites. My brother and sister-in-law came over on Sunday for an epic marathon of Rockband 2. We managed to complete all 86 songs in the Endless Setlist 2. It was about 7 hours straight playing. We had 5 people so we were able to rotate people out for a break here and there. It was long and by the end we just wanted to be done, but it was fun just the same.

1 comments:

Jenae C. December 16, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

I'm still seeing little blue and yellow spots coming at me....

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP