Damn the XM

>> Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First off, let me just say that I love my XM sattelite radio. With close to 2 hours spent on the road to and from work every day, it makes the drive bearable. I listen to the comedy station at 150 most of the time, but I often listen to channel 48 which is called Squizz. They play new and old rock, alternative, and metal. They also play more than the one popular single off an album and there are no commercials.

So this morning I am listening on the way into work and low and behold a song I haven't heard from one of my favorite bands comes on. It called 'Prodigal Son' by the band Sevendust. If you haven't heard of them, I weep for you. They are amazing. I know they are going to be too loud and 'angry' for some of you that read this blog, but I encourage you to at least give them a listen. They are not just a thrash band. They have a very solid, thick sound, but its not just noise like some rock/metal bands. The lead singer has an amazing voice as well. The whole thing just works for me and I have loved their music for a long time now. You can check out their myspace page and hear some of the new tracks here. The first one that loads should be the song 'Prodigal Son' that I am referring to here.


Anyway, as I often do in the car, I will listen to new music and then when I get to work, I set out to find the songs I like to download. This was my goal this morning. After searching through all my normal sources to find 'Prodigal Son', I came up blank. What is going on here? So I went myself to their myspace page only to find out that the album isn't even out yet. In fact it will be over a month yet before it comes out. Damn you XM.. damn you. Play a killer new song, get me hooked and don't even bother to tell me that the album isn't even available yet. Poor form Sir, poor form.


But never fear. Someone had posted a youtube video of it! Which may not seem like a solution to the problem, but there is a little utlity that will rip the audio from a youtube video and turn it into an mp3. God bless the internet. You can find that utility here if you are interested.


Now I know some of you are ignoring my suggestion to listen to Sevendust and are bebopping along to Rascall Flats. It's not to late to save yourself. To be perfectly honest, I would rather be violated with a rusty garden weasel than have to listen to a band like Rascal Flats. Never has there been a more contemptable bunch of wanabee hacks that do nothing more than destroy perfectly good songs with their shitty covers. Case in point, go listen to Tom Cochrane's song 'Life is a Highway'. Its a great song. Then, if you dare, listen to the tragedy that is the version Rascall Flats did. Or better yet, run head first into a brick wall repeatedly until you are bleeding out your ears. The experience is quite the same and at least with beating your head, you will not have that shitty version of the song stuck in your head.


Now don't get me wrong. There are a lot of bad bands out there. Not all of them are country bands either. Most, but not all. :P The difference is most of the other bad bands don't make their fame and fortune off of destroying music that didn't need to be fixed in the first place. Oh, and before all you RF lovers post scathing replies to this post, remember something. This is the internet. Therefore, I am right no matter what facts you are going to try to spill about how many awards they have won or how many songs they have that aren't covers. I don't care. They still suck. I would tell you how much they suck, but there has not been an order of magnitude labled yet that can encompass their whole of their suck. If there was an infinite black hole of talentless suck, it would be inhabited by Rascall Flats, Hanson, Hayden Christensen, Jar Jar Binks, and Kirsten Dunst. Hmm.. if Kirsten hooks up with the members of Rascall Flats and Jar Jar, they could have a family of little 3 headed, water breathing, troll-like babies that can neither sing, play instruments or act. Those kids could then make a journey on an asteroid to land on earth and ruin the next Spiderman movie just like Dunst and that hack Tobey Maguire or whatever his name is ruined the first 3. Seriously. With the budget those movies had, those were the two best choices for the leading roles? I would rather watch Shak in Shazzam again than watch the Spiderman movies.


Everytime I see her on screen, I want to hit it with a shovel until it stops moving. You don't want something like that running around loose. Its like seeing a spider in your house and not killing it. If you don't kill the spider, how do you know it won't crawl into your room at night and into your ear to eat your brain? The only thing worse than a spider crawling up on your bed and into your ear would be to have Kirsten Dunst crawl up into your bed. Its the stuff nightmares are made of. I would rather take a bath in a tub filled with pirahna after marinating myself in raw meat than encounter Kirsten Dunst in the darkness. Someone please, kill it so I can sleep soundly at night. God knows I don't want to end up like the last person to see her in the dark:


8 comments:

K February 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

The very visual descriptions of your hate for Snaggle Tooth made me shoot coffee out my nose. I actually pictured her crawling up on a bed like a spider *shudder*

Jenae C. February 26, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

I happen to like Rascall Flats! Thats it, that's all I'm going to say!

AuroraDivine February 26, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

I liked her in little women and Interveiw with a vampire... hehe../hides

Unknown February 26, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

sHere's a marketing concept you may want to consider - releasing the single BEFORE the album gets released and getting people hooked on it MIGHT boost sales...and you have never been more right about the talentless hacks with the exception of Hanson ;p. I'm bringing it to work tomorrow so we can listen together!!

Lisa February 26, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

I love the fact someone else calls her Snaggle Tooth! It has been stuck in my head forever and kept repeating itself the whole time I read this.

Lisa February 26, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

I love the fact someone else calls her Snaggle Tooth! It has been stuck in my head forever and kept repeating itself the whole time I read this.

hangel February 26, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Picturing K shooting coffee out of her nose was as entertaining as reading your post!

Jennifer February 27, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

That the good Lord that there is someone else in this family with better musical taste than the whiney country stuff. Do you remember the wonderful trip up to Sedona listening to Friends in Low Places both ways? (Sorry, I didn't mean to put that gem in your head for hours) i think I killed several brain cells on that trip. But at least I know that I'm not the only one with real musical taste in the family!

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP