This is why I love WI

>> Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I know I have been quiet lately.. but things have just been plugging along that I haven't just had a 'wow I should blog about that' kind of moment lately. Last week I was finishing up a lot of the details that go with moving and getting settled into the new place so I didn't even have my PC hooked up for a while.

It was miserable last week.. in the 90s and humid. There were about 4 days in there that it was just downright unpleasant to be outside. It was like Arizona where you just stay inside in the air conditioning. However, the reason I love WI so much is that after a couple of days in the sweltering heat, it cools back down. Yesterday and again today we are talking a high in the low 70s. Cool, overcast and a nice breeze. It just doesn't get any better than that. It was 55 as I left the house for work this morning. I love it.

The boys are enjoying summer break so far and I haven't heard too many 'I'm bored's yet. They have a wood carving class they enjoy on mondays and most days they go bowling with friends. The local bowling alley gives out passes for those students who get all A's and B's that allow them one free game of bowling every single day during the summer so they like to walk down and meet up with their friends in the afternoon for a game. Other than that.. they are your typical teen/pre-teen. They have to be reminded they have to shower even on summer days and they like to lounge around watching TV and playing computer / xbox / wii etc.

We are slated to go see Transformers 2 tonight, providing B is feeling up to it. We were going to go for Father's day weekend, but alas it didn't come out til the following Wed. Imax here we come. Hopefully. :)

I stumbled across another band that has just blown me away. Their sound is very hard to nail down.. soul, blues, some funk and other influences as well. Give it a listen. Amazing feeling in their songs. The band is called Mofro.. sometimes JJ Grey & Mofro. Here is a song called "The Sun is Shining Down"



And since those of you that know me well know that I absolutely love acoustic music and versions of songs.. I found a solo acoustic version of JJ Grey doing this song. Its simple and stripped down and still incredible. He has a very soulfull voice..

1 comments:

K July 1, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

I'm all for cooling things down but this is a bit too cool, even for me. High of 65 on July 1st seems a bit excessive.

You haven't gotten "I'm bored" because I told them that if they actually had the nerve to utter those words I would have them cleaning, scrubbing, weeding, trimming, mowing, washing, organizing and generally sweating their entire summer away. I almost hope they do it. The house could use a good mid-summer deep cleaning.

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP