Busy, Busy

>> Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Normally I do my blogging in the quiet of morning at work. I can take a few minutes and knock out a post and it's something I enjoy doing to start the day. Lately however, it seems I am busy the minute I walk in the door. This has a lot to do with being in the middle of a couple of big projects while short 3 staff + one on reduced hours right now and one on FML for the next couple of weeks. That puts us 4-5 people short out of a staff of 13 to cover 18 hours a day x 7 days a week. Kinda thin to support a facility this size.

Why so short? We had one person transfer to another facility. We had one tech spot open from a chain of internal promotions. And then there was .. the incident. You know how you hear about creepy things on the news and you think to yourself 'Glad that is someone else dealing with that'? Well that was us suddenly dealing with it.

I was hesitant to blog about it and am still going to be cautious. Nothing I will put in here however will be not already be public record. You can see the details HERE in the public court document. I should really warn you now though... as a guy at work put it so well...once you read it, you can't unread it. So those of you who would rather not be aware of the sickness of some people, please skip that document.

How this all went down though was the interesting part of the story. It's not every day that you have armed officers from the County, State Dept. of Justice personell and Dept. of Homeland Security officals all show up to your place of work. We didn't have any details. All we knew is who they were talking too as he was isolated in an office and they were going through his office. Eventually we were given only the briefest of details that were required to take care of the security issues that we needed to as well as assist the invesitigators.

After the story hit the local papers and the charges became avail, we got a real picture of what was going on. It's quite disturbing to find out someone you have worked with for 5+ years is now being held on those kinds of charges. This guy was never my favorite person and I found his constant use of phrases like 'Hi Smiley', 'Welcome to my nightmare' and 'Are we having fun yet?' shovel worthy. Despite that, I never got that severely creepy vibe from him. I am not going to look back and be one of those people that will say they just KNEW something was not quite right about that guy.

We had a guy that used to work here that I was convinced was a mass murderer or possibly kept women in a pit in the basement of his house to make a skin suit or lampshades out of, but never have I had a suspicion that a coworker was a pedophile on a very disturbing level. Not that there is an acceptable level for that kind of thing, but lets just say that he was not oogling pics of high school chicks about to turn 18 or anything. If you want the full picture then read that document, just head my warning above.

So we have interviews today for techs, but even if we hire to fill the spots today, they won't start for a bit and then its at least 6 weeks to get them up to speed to where they can really contribute on their own here. So for the immediate future anyway, things will be very crazy around here and my posting will be sporadic.

Just as a warning to those of you who are not computer savvy.. they can and will find you if you are doing something stupid like that and those people DON'T fuck around. Hell this guy was in computers for a living and still got busted. Just don't go there.

So that this doesn't end up being a total downer post.. here are some more gems from the TFLN site:

(323): Don't be mad at me. I know peeing in your drawer is 1 thing and peeing on you while you're sleeping is another, but im sorry..i love you

(602): Tonight was fucked up. First my mom called me and told me I had to go to the bar to pick up my dad 'cause he was drunk. Then when I got there my dad was doing a body shot from this lady who happened to be my 1st grade teacher. By far the most awkward car ride home. Idk if I should tell my mom or not.

(513): The guy dancing on me has three visible teeth. WHERE ARE YOU?

(864): Dude, no matter how drunk you are, it's not okay to hug every other guy at a strip club. Mainly because boners are far too common.

(860): I just changed her number in my phone to "You Wouldn't If You were Sober"

4 comments:

K August 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I read it. I wish I hadn't. Once again I shake my head and say "I just don't understand some people."

On a lighter note, that last text was The Awesome!

Jenae C. August 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

why did I not take your advice??? I really wish I had not read some of that nastiness!

Valkii August 27, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Even creepier than the sickness of it all was shariong an office with that guy. As Josh said, NO vibe like that at all, annoyance, yes, sick twisted pervert, no. I dealt with it by doing an office purge, floots freshly stripped and waxed, walls painted, desk/belongings trashed. Still feel the ned for a shower.

The Dalaimama August 30, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

We have been going through something similar. The husband of the woman who was the president of the kids' school governing board was recently charged with raping several children (young boys) in the area. He was a scout troop leader (thankfully, not my son's!!) and I've known him for over 20 years. He was actually very involved in our school activities which bothered me - although my son confirmed that he had never been alone with Mike. We first met working at a summer camp when I was 18. I did have that creepy vibe from him back then though LOL

About This Blog

NetworkedBlogs

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP